Monday, January 26, 2009

Southwest Egg Rolls & Cool Avocado dip

Southwest Egg Rolls & Cool Avocado dip
adapted from Taste of Home Dec/Jan 2009 edition with my personal adaptations.

Prep: 35 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
Yield 20 Egg rolls

2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I already had grilled mesquite chicken left over, so I used that, yummy)
1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend ( I had to use some cheddar I had, but I also used some local Trappista cheese found here, because cheddar is imported and expensive!!)
2/3 cup corn
2/3 cup black beans rinsed and drained
5 green onions (I only used one and it was plenty... I thought, depends on how much onion you like)
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp grated lime peel
I also added half a squeezed lime, next time I will add a whole lime
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 package of egg roll wrappers
Oil for frying
Dip
1 cup Ranch dressing
1 medium ripe avocado peeled and mashed
1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1 tsp grated lime peel
I added the other half of my lime... yum

I a large bowl, I mixed together all the ingredients

Then I scooped about 1/4 of the mixture into the egg wrappers and folded/rolled them up. I used egg white to close the wrapper and make sure it is shut. I then fried them in a pan with oil.

This is what they looked like inside. So yummy.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: